Egg, Bacon and Kangaroo Roll
Start the morning right with this healthy, lean choice.
Write a review
- 30g low fat sour cream
- ½ teaspoon Yakajirri*
- macadamia nut oil*
- a generous sprinkle of Alpine pepper*
- 4 slices of Kangaroo prosciutto**
- 1 large, ripe tomato
- 30g Bush tomato chutney*
- 2 leaves of fresh aniseed myrtle or a pinch
- of Forest anise or Mintbush marinade*
- 2 eggs
- 12cm slice of Turkish bread,
- cut through the centre and lightly toasted
- Mix the sour cream with the Yakajirri and leave for 10 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Melt about 10g butter and add a generous dash of macadamia nut oil in a microwave or small pan. Add the Alpine pepper, stir and leave to cool for the flavours to infuse. Alternatively, use some Vic Cherikoff Down Under
- High Country Zinger Splash*. This has all the flavours already infused along with a hint of chilli and wasabi.
- In a dash of macadamia nut oil and a little butter, pan-fry two slices of the kangaroo prosciutto until just crisp.
- Slice the other pieces of prosciutto into 5mm strips (kangaroo makes for a deliciously rich but somewhat chewy prosciutto so the mix of some crisp and some not provides Maillard products for Umani flavours and the rich softness of the cured kangaroo).
- Halve the tomato and scoop out the seeds and juice and discard.
- Dice the tomato flesh and combine with an equal volume of Bush tomato chutney (around 30g).
- Add in either the Forest anise (or fresh aniseed myrtle leaves if you can get the young tips) or Mintbush marinade.
- Fry the eggs in a fry pan with a little macadamia nut oil and butter. Turn once over easy. Remove from heat.
- Brush the Alpine pepper butter and oil over the inside of the 2 toasted Turkish bread pieces.
- On one slice, place the sliced, soft kangaroo bacon.
- Spread the prepared Bush tomato chutney mixture over the kangaroo.
- Add the fried eggs and top with the 2 crispy slices of kangaroo bacon and the Yakajirri sour cream.
- Finish with the remaining bread slice.
Aussie Game Meats https://www.gamemeatprocessing.com.au/